We have experienced history in the making and are looking to record various experiences during the COVID pandemic. The Cedar Falls Public Library is seeking submissions of writings, photos, and videos reflecting your experience during staying at home. The collection will serve to preserve this piece of history and will be shared locally and possibly nationally.
Submitting Your Digital Items
Be a part of recording this history in the making! We are looking for a wide variety of original material in pdf, jpg, gif, mp3, mp4, and Avi formats.
The following are prompts for determining what content to submit. Other ideas are encouraged as well!
- Photos of unique decorations such as special chalk art, decorated doors, "stained glass" designs, heart hunt, bear hunt, and any other projects unique to the COVID pandemic.
- Photos of artwork
- Photos of daily life
- Describe your experiences with shortages
- Describe your daily "routine" and how it changed from your normal routine.
- What new things did you learn or discover?
- How did you stay connected to others during social distancing?
- What were your sources of comfort?
- Did this experience change your beliefs or how you see the world?
- Where have you seen effective leadership? Where have you seen ineffective leadership?
- What do you do to relax?
- Did you need to redefine space in your home for a home office, homeschooling, or quiet places?
- How did your work experience change?
- What were you hoping for in the middle of the crisis? What are you hopeful for at the end or for when it ends?
- What was the first thing you planned when things started opening up again?
- What were some of your favorite activities at home?
- What were some of the unique challenges with parenting at this time?
- What did you or the community do for celebrations of birthdays, graduations, weddings, and other milestones?
Submissions will be screened by staff before they are posted and staff maintains full discretion in determining what will be posted.